top of page

Mold Midigation


Fast Emergency Response

Technicians Available 24/7


We Work Directly

With Your Insurance

Mold has become a growing concern among homeowners in the past few years. As we have started to understand more about microbiology, we have begun to appreciate the adverse health effects and the potentially fatal properties of mold.

    There are approximately 100 species of mold that are considered toxic. About 15 of those types of mold are known to cause health problems for humans and animals.

    Inspecting for mold can be difficult since mold tends to grow in dark, damp areas of homes, but if you understand the basic principles of how mold forms and grows, you'll know exactly what to look for when inspecting for mold.

The fee for a basic mold inspection averages from $150 to $400. It is dependent mainly on the size and age of the house and the area of the country.

A large, older home with a basement may take 4 hours or more to inspect, while a 2,000 square foot home built on a cement slab will take less than 2 hours to inspect.

Inspections are generally scheduled 3-7 days ahead of time, and a written report is normally submitted the day following an inspection.

The U.S. Government estimates that Americans are exposed to over 200 different types of mold on a daily basis. It is a living organism that generally lives and thrives where moisture is present, in the absence of circulating air.

    When left untended, mold can cause a lot of damage.

Mold, mildew and fungus pose three great risks:

  1. They can lead to excessive wood damage. Like termites, certain mold and fungus are able to turn cellulose material (stuff made of wood or wood by-products) to food and in the process will weaken and destroy the structural integrity of the home.

  2. Mold and fungus release spores, which are their way of reproducing. These spores float around in the air of the home and pose inhalation risks to those living in the home. These spores are considered to be a major allergen and rank with pollen as a main source of contaminants for allergy sufferers.

  3. Some types of molds and fungus release highly toxic "mycotoxins" which are byproducts that develop and then release during growth. These mycotoxins can cause severe adverse health problems for many people.

In short, mold should not be permitted to grow and multiply indoors. When this happens, health problems can occur and building materials, goods, and furnishings may be damaged.

bottom of page